Call for papers and schedule▼ Download call for papers (PDF)
▼ Download flyer (PDF)
Call for PapersThe 27th MLSP workshop in the series of workshops organized by the IEEE Signal Processing Society MLSP Technical Committee will present the most recent and exciting advances in machine learning for signal processing through keynote talks, tutorials, as well as special and regular single-track sessions. Prospective authors are invited to submit papers on relevant algorithms and applications including, but not limited to:
- Bayesian learning and signal processing
- Cognitive information processing
- Deep learning techniques
- Dictionary learning
- Graphical and kernel methods
- Independent component analysis
- Information-theoretic learning
- Learning theory and algorithms
- Pattern recognition and classification
- Bounds on performance
- Subspace and manifold learning
- Sequential learning and decision methods
- Source separation
- Tensor and structured matrix methods
- Machine learning from big data
- Scalable learning algorithms
- Applications including: speech, audio & music, image & video, biomedical signals & images, communications, bioinformatics, biometrics, systems biology, computational intelligence, genomic signals & sequences, social networks, games, smart grid, security & privacy
Special SessionsMLSP 2017 will include Special Sessions that address research in emerging or interdisciplinary areas of particular interest, not covered already by traditional MLSP sessions.
Best Student AwardThe MLSP Best Student Paper Award will be granted to the best paper for which a student is the principal author and presenter.
- Papers by key conference organizers are not eligible to receive an award because of their close role in leading the review process and their ability to influence the awards selection process.
- The criteria for selecting is based on general quality, originality, subject matter, and timeliness and the paper awards shall follow the same general feeling as described ine the policy Signal Processing Society Awards (2.19 and 2.20)
- Prizes shall be equally divided among all authors and each shall receive a certificate.
- This author must be a registered student at the time of paper submission to be eligible for this award.
- The award will be presented during the conference .
- The award will be selected by an award committee consisting of a subset of members the program committee.
- Nominations can come from registered participants and organizing committee.
- Self-nominations are not accepted or considered
Paper submissionProspective authors are invited to submit a double column paper of up to six pages using the electronic submission procedure which will be peer-reviewed according to the procedure described at Paper Evaluation Process and Criteria.
Accepted papers will be published on on a password-protected website that will be available during the workshop. The presented papers will be published in and indexed by IEEE Xplore.
|Paper submission||June 11, 2017|
|Paper update deadline||June 14, 2017|
|Review notification||July 25, 2017|
|Author rebuttal period||July 25-30, 2017|
|Reviewer discussion period||July 30-August 4, 2017|
|Decision notifications||August 7, 2017|
|Camera-ready paper deadline||August 28, 2017|
|Author advance registration||August 28, 2017|